Little Voices, BIG Minds is an interactive, recreation-based music class designed and facilitated by a board-certified music therapist that is designed for children ages one – five and an accompanying caregiver. Each music class incorporates movement to music, music-based games, singing/playing new and familiar songs, and exploring a wide variety of instruments. While the focus of this music program is on having fun, it should not be missed that each class will give opportunities to practice important pre-academic and social skills such as rote counting, color identification, number identification, social skills, sign language, and beginning literacy skills. Each class will be designed around the common theme of the four-week series. Music activities will be used to spark imagination, foster development, and invite active participation. This class is appropriate for all children who love music; however, activities are designed for children who are currently meeting age-appropriate developmental milestones.
We also like to incorporate the following activities into our themed classes:
- Singable stories, illustrated songbooks, puppets, and instruments to engage little readers
- Small crafts, coloring pages, homemade instruments, or visuals that correlate with the monthly theme
- Music and instruments from around the world to help celebrate and teach diversity through music
- An “instrument of the week” to keep each class fresh and exciting
- Improvisation techniques to create music in the moment that reflects the BIG MINDS of the children present
- Original songs written by our team of music therapists and other professionals in our field
- Various instruments, visuals, and movement props (parachute, stretchy bands, scarves, etc.)
Little Voices, BIG Minds is offered for children ages 1 – 5. Siblings under 12 months old may attend at no additional charge.
If you are interested in a music class for a child younger than one, please check out Tiny Voices, Growing Minds, a class designed for children who have yet to celebrate their first birthday. If you are looking for music programming that is goal oriented, please check out our Do, Re, Mi for Birth to Three and Discovery Zone music therapy groups.
Please contact our office to learn about any upcoming classes that may be scheduled or organize your own group of families (6 – 10 children) and contact our office to reserve your time!