Little Voices, BIG Minds for Child Care Centers is an interactive, recreation-based music enrichment program that is designed for child care centers and other facilities serving young children. This program is available for facilities looking to establish a consistent, on-site music program held at their center. Each class is designed and facilitated by a board-certified music therapist whose primary goal is to bring each center’s unique educational program to life through hands-on and interactive music making opportunities. Music activities will be used to spark imagination, foster development, and invite active participation. Children will engage in a variety of structured and improvised music experiences such as movement to music, music-based games, singing/playing of new and familiar songs, and exploring a wide variety of instruments. These activities will give children multiple opportunities to practice using pre-academic skills, social skills, and beginning literacy skills, all while having fun making music. If desired, the music mirror the facility’s current curriculum, learning units, celebrations, and themes. Contact us to ask about contracting options and scheduling availability.
We also like to incorporate the following activities into our themed classes:
- Singable stories, illustrated songbooks, puppets, and instruments to engage little readers
- Creating small crafts, coloring pages, homemade instruments, or visuals to remind children of the fun they had making music; we are happy to bring supplies for these crafts (for a small additional fee) or we can suggest items for the center to gather before we arrive.
- Music and instruments from around the world to help celebrate and teach diversity through music
- An “instrument of the week” to keep each class fresh and exciting
- Improvisation techniques to create music in the moment that reflects the BIG MINDS of the children present
- Original songs written by our team of music therapists and other professionals in our field
- Various instruments, visuals, and movement props (parachute, stretchy bands, scarves, etc.)
Your organization may also be interested in incorporating a Young At Heart music program with a neighboring senior center, nursing home, or assisted living.